Husqvarna brushcutters are developed for cutting grass, weeds, small bushes and brushwood. They are available in a variety of sizes, depending on the job. A wide range of accessories allows you to use the same machine for trimming grass as well as clearing brushwood, bushes and small trees. They have a long shaft to increase their reach.
Things to keep in mind when buying a brushcutter:
- For maximum efficiency, it should have high power, high torque and rapid acceleration.
- The machine should have an ergonomic harness. It spreads the load, improving comfort and efficiency.
- The handlebar should be angled relative to the shaft, to prevent an uneven load being placed on the user’s back.
- A folding handlebar facilitates transport and storage.
- The engine should have some form of emission control, for the benefit of the user’s working environment as well as the environment as a whole.
- The wider the selection of accessories and cutting attachments, the greater the range of applications.
A trimmer is used to trim lawn edges where a mower can’t reach. A trimmer with a curved shaft is often used for easy trimming around lawns and flower beds. Machines with straight shafts and bevel gears are designed for more demanding jobs, and they make it easier to reach under hedges, bushes and the like. As an accessory, the straight-shaft trimmers can have a J handle which prevents the user from getting too close to the cutting equipment. When cutting with a grass blade, a J handle should always be attached. If you want a trimmer to master even more garden tasks you should consider one with detachable shaft. Besides being easy to store they truly are multi-purpose machines that can be fitted with several attachments such as hedge trimmer, blower, edger, pole saw and sweeper.
Things to keep in mind when buying a trimmer:
- Your trimmer should be high powered and have rapid acceleration for maximum efficiency.
- The machine should have comfortable handles.
- The engine should be easy to start.
- The trimmer should be as light as possible.
By Scott McAlary Mowers Galore About Mowers Galore