The superior chipper shredder turns fresh prunings, fronds, small branches, organic garden and kitchen refuse, manure wet or dry and paper into valuable mulch (please ensure waste is moist). The Piecemaker is a not a flail shredder so there is nothing for vines, stringy bark or palm frond cords to tangle around
The Greenfield Piecemaker 45 design concept is unique. Very simple to use and inexpensive to maintain. The powerful engine drives the cutter disc and blades directly and there are many benefits.
With direct drive there are no costly flails to tangle and wear, nor is there a need for pulleys, idlers and "V" belts. All these parts add complication and expense whilst robbing vital engine power. Normally a direct drive on a chipper shredder is a recipe for disaster. The big problem with a direct drive is that the heavy downward pressure on the chipper shredder blades can cause excess internal engine wear, even a bent crankshaft due to lack of bearing support for the cutters.
The Greenfield Piecemaker 45 has overcome the direct drive problems!
The engine crankshaft is securely attached to a massive drive boss 35mm in diameter which supports the engine crankshaft for its full length.
This very substantial drive boss is securely locked to a huge 35mm sealed ball bearing which supports the crankshaft right down at the cutter disc. The bending and downward loads are easily taken care of by this bearing with its enormous 3,000 lbs. (1,350 kg's) load capacity. It's this tremendous "overkill" bearing that makes the Greenfield Piecemaker design so unique, so durable and so effective.
Simple and durable
With such a strong engine to cutter drive, and with the chipper very compact, blades horizontal and low mounted the Greenfield Piecemaker is stable and simple. The 70mm chipper tube feeds branches etc., directly on to the high speed outer edge of the cutter disc. The large hopper feeds directly onto the slower running inner of the same disc. The two chipper blades perform the function of both chipping and shredding.
Garden material fed into the hopper is cut into 4-5mm thick pieces. If finer mulch is needed, simply re-feed it into the hopper. The big, easy to load, hopper with accomodiate all garden cuttings, particularly tough fibrous material. Palm fronds, banana leaves, hibiscus, bouganvillea vines and even paper are easy. There is no jamming or, clogging thanks to the Piecemakers patented labrynth shaft protector. You never have to stop to untangle the blades.
Another unique feature
The Greenfield Piecemaker 45 has another unique feature. Large impeller blades of a special shape are fitted to the cutter disc to create a vacuum in the base of the hopper. Also the air drawn into the hopper is in the form of a flat air wave. This avoids undesirable turbulence and directs material straight on to the blades. To further enhance this strong vacuum, the discharge chamber is turbo shaped and the mulched material is delivered into the Greenfield catcher at up to 200kph! There is no spillage and the handling of the shredded material could not be easier or cleaner.
No Chipper Shredder is easier to service than the Piecemaker 45.
The discharge chamber opens up like a clam, just undo two bolts and swing the hopper back.
All cutting parts are then visible and easily accessible. The only wearing parts, the two chipper blades, can be removed and turned over for a new lease of life. When all the edges are dull, after hours and hours of service the blades can be inexpensively re sharpened, and many times. To remove the blades all you need is a one 13mm spanner. The operation takes but a few minutes and performance is then back to new when turned over or sharpened.
Greenfield Piecemaker 45 is built to last.
• Engines. Choice of Honda, B & S Industrial/Commercial or all electric engines.
• The chipper blades are special tough, high carbon steel. The blades are double edged reversible. These can be turned over or resharpended many times.
• Chipper disc is of a special semi high tensile steel and carefully balanced. Hopper is made from zinc coated steel (not plastic). It won't rust or crack with normal use and is unaffected by U.V. rays.
• Labrynth cutter. A patented cutter protects the drive shaft from tangling and clogging. Fibrous material such as palm fronds or hibiscus will not stop a Greenfield Piecemaker no matter how fast you feed it in.
• Chassis. All steel and rigid with a heavy powder coat finish. Metal parts are chrome or zinc plated.
• Mulch Catcher. A standard Greenfield lawnmower bag catcher is fitted. It is unaffected by the high delivery speed of the material and catches everything. It makes the handling of the garden mulch clean and easy. The Piecemaker is so effective that one must remember to empty the grass catcher to avoid damage.
• One year warranty against faulty workmanship and material for domestic use in recommended conditions.
The Piecemaker 45 Range consists of five models. Apart from the larger engine the design concept remains unchanged. The petrol-start models have a larger capacity chipper pipe and the 6.5 E is the only electric start model. There is also an all Electric 240 volt Powered Piecemaker Shredder.