Guide to buying a Ride on Lawn Mower
Buying a ride on mower for the first time is just like buying a car. You wouldn’t just throw your money at the first car you see would you? So why do that with a Ride on mower. Take the time to read over this article to help assist in purchasing the right ride on lawn mower for you!
In general, the larger and more open the grass areas, the more important it is that the machine has a generous cutting width. If the area has lots of obstructions like trees and bushes, it’s more important that the cutting width is small enough for the tractor to move through the tightest passages. Within the Husqvarna Ride on Lawn Mower range, Victa ride on including the Victa NXT and the Mowers Galore Capri range we offer tractors with cutting widths from 30 inch up to 52 inch.
Our Husqvarna, Victa, Greenfield or Capri garden tractors enables you to achieve first-class results using the cutting method best suited to your lawn. Choose a Specific Husqvarna model with integrated collector when you want to collect clippings and achieve tidy results. For quick and efficient cutting, choose a side-ejecting tractor. Or switch to the Toro Recycling System (mulching) when your lawn needs fertilisation. By adding accessories from our wide range, you get a versatile garden tool for year-round use.
Things to keep in mind when buying a Ride on Mower.
- A tractor with integrated collector has the most effective system for collection.
- When mowing high and coarse grass, the most effective cutting deck is the side ejection type.
- By using different types of accessories our tractors can be adapted for collection, Mulching and ejection. To suit your type of lawn and mowing habits.
- Husqvarna tractors with integrated collectors (CT/CTH models) come with a BioClip-plug as standard, whereas a deflector for rear ejection can be bought as an accessory.
- All side ejection tractors can be equipped with accessories for mulching.
- Since the tractors with integrated collectors don’t have a deflector that sticks out on the side of the cutting deck, they can work in tighter spaces than the side ejecting models.
- A tractor with hydrostatic transmission is much easier to operate than a tractor with manual transmission. With manual transmission you have to stop the tractor each time you change gears. The hydrostatic transmission offers stepless adjustment while driving.
- There are two different hydrostatic transmission solutions. For maximum comfort, choose a tractor with pedal-operated transmission, where speed and direction are controlled by separate pedals for forward and reverse. The other option is the lever-operated hydrostat. The lever is placed on the fender and is easy to access from the driver’s seat.
- Our tractors can be equipped with a wide range of accessories for increased versatility all year round, for instance a collector for leaves, a moss rake, scarifier and spreader for lawn preparation, a front-mounted brush, for clearing driveways and paths all year round and a trailer to make your work in the garden easier.
And remember Mowers Galore has the best price & biggest range for ride on lawn mowers in Geelong & Melbourne including Husqvarna, Victa, Toro, & Greenfield